Glamping with a hot tub
Forget everything you know about camping and say hello to glamping with a hot tub – glamorous camping with a little addition.
Glamping Hot Tub Holidays
Whether you’re looking for a fun way to celebrate that big occasion with friends, or want to try a different kind of family staycation, a glamping holiday in the UK is a fantastic shout. Choose from luxury pods with uninterrupted views in the countryside, head to the coast and listen to the waves crash as you lie in bed, or take your pick from our adults only glamping sites with hot tubs and enjoy a weekend without the kids.
From the Welsh countryside to the Yorkshire Dales, Devon to The Cotswolds – there’s a glamping experience for every kind of camper. Even those non-campers. Spend your days exploring nearby national parks, take it slow with breakfast in bed – that’s once you’ve cooked it on the open fire – and of course, relax and kick back in a wood fired hot tub, the perfect place whatever the weather.
However you want to spend your glamping break, and whatever type of tent you’re looking for, you’re sure to find it here. What’s more, there isn’t a better way to experience everything Britain has to offer and all of its natural beauty.
Featured Hot Tub Properties
Discover our most popular glamping hot tub holidays
Best regions for glamping with a hot tub
Best for: Feeling like you’re abroad
Seriously, when the sun’s shining, it feels like you’re somewhere in the Mediterranean. In Cornwall, the beaches are beautiful, the foodie scene is up and coming and the picture-perfect streets regularly take centre stage on postcards. There’s a reason it’s dubbed the Cornish Riviera. Not just that but the countryside here is vast too with towering cliffs and coastal paths creating the perfect backdrop for outdoor activities.
Best for: A quintessentially British break
You only have to look at photos of The Cotswolds to see why it’s inspired so many authors, poets and artists over the years. And, when you’re here, it’s just as magical. Spanning across five counties and nearly 800 square miles, hiring out your own glamping pod with a private hot tub really is the best way to experience this Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Enjoy a few walks, wander around quaint villages and snap away at the chocolate box houses.
Best for: Action-packed family-friendly adventures
Home to coastline, mountains, countryside and even a few lively cities, Wales really does have it all and offers something for everyone. Big kids are sure to love the range of outdoor activities, grandparents can take part in some of the more relaxed walks and those parents in need of a break are sure to find one of the local bars and restaurants a welcome retreat. What’s more, the glamping sites are just as diverse too.
Best for: Watersport opportunities
As one of the UK’s most popular seaside resorts, there’s always something going on in Devon – whatever time of year you visit. Take it easy on one of the sandy beaches or get your heart racing with adventures in the national parks and exploration in the countryside. Plus, when you’re done, there’s no better place to head back to than one of the luxury glamping pods with hot tubs.
Best for: A little bit of everything
With a rich heritage to explore, plenty of countryside to adventure through, lots of market towns and cities to enjoy, and a few coastal resorts to choose from, Yorkshire really does have it all going on. What’s more, if you’re looking for glamping with hot tubs in the UK, you won’t be disappointed at the range of sites – from North Yorkshire to South and everything in between. There’s even eco-friendly pods, pet-friendly experiences and those for adults aged 18+.
Best activities while glamping
Best for: Going at a slower pace
The UK has some incredible landscapes and attractions that really deserve to be on your bucket list, and walking allows you to experience them at your own pace. Feeling adventurous? Try to tackle one of the mountains. Fancy something gentle? Enjoy one of the coastal paths and don’t forget to stop for an ice cream. With dog-friendly routes and those suitable for prams and wheelchairs, no one has to miss out either.
See our favourite walks in the UK >
Best for: Having a scream
You’ve probably heard about the tree top challenges nestled in the UK’s most dense forests but have you got what it takes to give it a go? Jump, climb and navigate your way around an obstacle course amongst the trees and, at the end, challenge yourself to do the leap of faith. It’s great for groups of friends, families and even little ones as there’s often a kids course to keep them entertained.
Best for: An exhilarating experience
There’s around 40,000 lakes in the UK so if you’re into wild swimming, you’ll be right at home. And, if you’ve never tried it, why not jump in? Just picture it now. You’re surrounded by incredibly rich landscapes, the sounds of nature and wildlife echo in the distance and you could even pack a picnic to enjoy lakeside afterwards. Just don’t forget the towels – and, if it’s super cold, you could always warm up in your private hot tub later.
Best for: Ticking off a few attractions
One of the best things about a UK staycation is that there’s so much to see and do – but that can make it difficult to do everything that you want to. That’s why cycling is a great option. See a few local attractions, cycle past incredible views and don’t forget to stop off at one of the local pubs on your way back. Even better, it counts as exercise and you’re sure to work up an appetite! If you don’t fancy the roads, there’s plenty of cycle paths and hidden routes to explore too.
Best for: Those picture opportunities
Whether you want to head into the nearby city centre or stay amongst the countryside, there’s plenty of local attractions to visit all over the UK. What’s more, once there, many offer lots of activities and often the odd tea room with sweet treats to enjoy. So if you’re looking for a family day out, for all ages, a sightseeing tour is definitely worth a day trip.
Types of glamping with hot tubs
The modern way to experience camping, glamping pods offer a home away from home experience and a few luxury extras. Typically housed in a wooden cabin, many come with a balcony, private outdoor area, proper beds and duvets and even cooking and washing facilities. The kids will love it, it’s a far cry from the camping you did when you were younger and it guarantees a fantastic holiday – whatever the weather.
Shepherd’s Huts are a cosy alternative to your typical tents and are ideal for families, friends and couples. On the outside, it might look like a traditional wagon but, step inside and you’ll find warm beds, soft furnishings, a cooking station and even en-suite bathrooms. Get the fizz in the fridge, light the outdoor fire and pull up a chair as you take in the views.
A luxury upgrade to camping, hot tub glamping in bell tents is great for big groups and those looking for a fun time. You’ll sleep under a huge white canvas sheet, surrounded by comfy beds and chairs, your very own fire pit and plenty of space for fun and games. If you’ve never been camping – or indeed glamping before – this is a great place to start.
Escape from life’s daily stresses and enjoy a glamping experience in a safari tent. Big enough for all the family, and more, this is a great way to get together with loved ones. Not to mention, experience the true beauty of the British countryside. Don’t forget to pack the marshmallows though as everyone knows they’re an essential part of camping…
The quintessential glamping experience, Yurts offer a glitz and glamour alternative to plastic tents and yoga mats as a mattress. Instead, you can say hello to space, style and cosiness – plus a little luxury. Pack your cossie, chill the wine and get ready for a night under the stars with your loved ones. Oh, and with plenty of dog-friendly glamping sites around the UK, even your four-legged friends are invited.
Here are 10 glamping ideas to make your holiday special:
- Plan a stargazing session: Glamping often takes you to remote, rural areas with clear skies, which is perfect for stargazing. Bring a telescope or binoculars to get a closer look at the stars or set up a romantic dinner under the stars.
- Plan a hot tub evening: Many glamping sites offer hot tubs, so why not plan a cozy evening under the stars in a hot tub with your loved ones?
- Plan a romantic picnic: Pack a basket full of delicious food and drinks and set out for a romantic picnic in the wilderness. Enjoy each other’s company in the great outdoors.
- Explore local attractions: Many glamping sites are located near local attractions, so why not explore the area and its surroundings? Go for a hike or bike ride, visit a local vineyard or brewery, or go on a wildlife safari.
- Learn a new skill: Many glamping sites offer workshops or classes that teach new skills such as bushcraft, photography, or cooking. Sign up for a class together and learn something new while enjoying your glamping holiday.
- Plan a special meal: Many glamping sites offer private chefs or caterers, so why not plan a special meal for your loved ones? Enjoy a candlelit dinner or a cozy breakfast in bed.
- DIY glamping ideas: If you want to create your own glamping experience, consider adding some DIY touches to your accommodation. Bring your own decor, such as fairy lights or lanterns, to create a cozy atmosphere. You could also set up a campfire and cook your own meals or bring along a portable projector and create your own outdoor movie theater.
- Glamping set-up ideas: If you’re looking for inspiration on how to set up your glamping accommodation, consider incorporating elements of nature, such as plants or natural materials like wood or stone. Add comfortable seating, such as a hammock or beanbag chair, to create a cozy spot to relax. You could also bring along your own bedding and pillows to make your accommodation feel more like home.
- Unique glamping ideas: For a truly unique glamping experience, consider booking quirky accommodation, such as a treehouse, yurt, or safari tent. These types of accommodations offer a one-of-a-kind experience and allow you to immerse yourself in nature.
- Fun glamping ideas: There are many ways to add some fun to your glamping experience. Bring along some board games or outdoor games, such as cornhole or horseshoes, for some friendly competition. You could also set up a DIY photo booth and capture some fun memories with your loved ones.